The Animal Protection Program is now closed to any additional grant proposals for fiscal year July 2021-June 2022. We have exceeded our maximum number of requests. We look forward to discussing new proposals with grantseekers starting in April.
ANIMAL PROTECTION PROGRAM
How to Apply
Please review the Grant Guidelines before beginning the application process.
Starting in April, Contact the Animal Protection Program Director
Prior to submitting a proposal, grant seekers must contact Program Director, Mitchell Fox, with a brief description of your organization and its need or proposed project by email (preferred) or phone 206-829-9760.
Proposals may be sent by email (preferred) or sent by regular mail to:
The Summerlee Foundation
5556 Caruth Haven Lane
Dallas, Texas 75225 (USA)
Other guidelines for submitting a full proposal:
- If the funding request is not for the entire amount needed for the project, please include a plan for how the project will be completed.
- Please do not submit overly elaborate or expensive presentations.
- Do not include notebooks, binders, or large clips with your applications.
- All materials submitted to the Foundation, including videos, photographs and DVDs, will be retained in the permanent files of the Foundation.
- The Foundation investigates and evaluates all projects and often conducts site visits.
- No grants are made to individuals. Grants are not made for religious purposes or for projects relating to monuments or memorials.
- Incomplete proposals may be declined immediately.
Interim Reports required for:
- Grants over $50,000
- Multi-year grants
- Grants not completed within one year
Required upon completion of project. Without a final report, a grantee may not receive future funding.
We’re happy to help—please contact us for more information.