Animal Protection Program -
We are not accepting Letters of Inquiry for the Animal Program at this time. For the September 19, 2023 Board of Directors Meeting, we will begin accepting LOIs this summer. Please check back starting in June 2023 for more information.
ANIMAL PROTECTION PROGRAM
How to Apply
Please review the Grant Guidelines before beginning the application process.
Starting in June, Contact the Animal Protection Program Director
Prior to submitting a proposal, grant seekers must contact Program Director, Mitchell Fox, with a brief description of your organization and its need or proposed project by email (preferred) or phone 206-829-9760.
Create your Proposal
After speaking with the Program Director, the grantseeker may be invited to submit a full proposal. The following twelve elements on the checklist are required for the application process:
Proposals may be sent by email (preferred) or sent by regular mail to:
The Summerlee Foundation
5556 Caruth Haven Lane
Dallas, Texas 75225 (USA)
Other guidelines for submitting a full proposal:
- If the funding request is not for the entire amount needed for the project, please include a plan for how the project will be completed.
- Please do not submit overly elaborate or expensive presentations.
- Do not include notebooks, binders, or large clips with your applications.
- All materials submitted to the Foundation, including videos, photographs and DVDs, will be retained in the permanent files of the Foundation.
- The Foundation investigates and evaluates all projects and often conducts site visits.
- No grants are made to individuals. Grants are not made for religious purposes or for projects relating to monuments or memorials.
- Incomplete proposals may be declined immediately.
Interim Reports required for:
- Grants over $50,000
- Multi-year grants
- Grants not completed within one year
Required upon completion of project. Without a final report, a grantee may not receive future funding.
We’re happy to help—please contact us for more information.