Texas History Program
Letter of Inquiry Deadline - The Texas History Program will be accepting LOI's between October 1 and December 1, 2023. LOI's received during this period will be reviewed for possible consideration at our Board of Directors meeting on February 27, 2024.
TEXAS HISTORY PROGRAM
Texas History Resources
The Summerlee Commission on the Financial Sustainability of History Organizations
Published in 2015, this report analyzes the difficulties that history organizations of all types face in maintaining financial sustainability and includes several how-to chapters for helping organizations to navigate difficult times. The entire report may be downloaded here.
Chapters from the report are listed below and may be downloaded individually:
- Sustainability Report Executive Summary (Downloadable PDF)
- Why History is Difficult to Sustain
- Characteristics of Unsustainable Organizations
- Sustaining History Through Best Practices and New Approaches
- Before You Open It: A Checklist for Planning New Museums in Historic Buildings
- If It Is Time to Close It: Considerations for Dissolving an Organization
- Are you Sustainable Assessment Tool
Texas History Organizations
We’re happy to help—please contact us for more information.