Texas History Program
Letter of Inquiry Deadline - The Texas History Program will be accepting LOI's between October 1 and December 1, 2023. LOI's received during this period will be reviewed for possible consideration at our Board of Directors meeting on February 27, 2024.
TEXAS HISTORY PROGRAM
How to Apply
Please note that the Summerlee Foundation is no longer accepting Letters of Interest (LOI) or grant applications by mail or email. We are transitioning to a new and convenient online application and grants management system designed to assist you in submitting an LOI and a full proposal. We are using a system called Foundant, and you will access the Summerlee Foundation Grant Portal by clicking here.
Contact the Program Director
- Please review the Grant Guidelines before beginning the application process.
- Prior to submitting a proposal, grant seekers must contact the Program Director – Gary N. Smith for Texas History by email to schedule a discussion of the proposed project. This discussion must take place at least 30 days before the LOI deadline.
Create a Letter of Inquiry And, If Invited, A Full Proposal
- After discussing your proposal with the Program Director, and receiving approval to proceed, click here to be taken to the Summerlee Foundation On-Line Grant Application Portal at Foundant.
- Log in and/or create a new account.
- Follow instructions for completing the LOI and when completed, click “submit.”
- Please be aware of the deadline for submission, as the application process will automatically close at the deadline.
- You will receive an email advising you that we have your LOI. IF you do not receive a confirming email, please contact us.
- You will be notified in a few weeks as to the status of your LOI. If accepted, you will then be invited by email to return to the Grant Application Portal to complete a full application.
To learn more about using Foundant, visit their Tutorial Page and watch the video.
Interim Reports required for:
- Grants over $20,000
- Multi-year grants
- Grants not completed within one year
Required upon completion of project. Without a final report, a grantee may not receive future funding.
We’re happy to help—please contact us for more information.